As the time passes lime crystals from your saliva will be deposited on your teeth that are covered by calcification. This forms the plaque that cannot be simply washed away by brushing your teeth or by any home-made techniques because it is so strongly sticks to the surface of the teeth. Plaque or tartar is most frequently deposited on the lower molars or front teeth because this is where the exit of the major salivary glands is found. The not very appealing brownish-yellowish colour of the tartar is determined by the colour of foods we eat.
Whether the plaque is under the gum tissue out of sight or is right on the surface of the teeth is an important detail. The latter requires special tools and methods to be found in a subgingival pocket next to the tooth. Tartar formed underneath the gum could be more dangerous as it does not necessarily become prominent before causing serious gum disease.
Oral hygiene therefore plays a special role in protecting the health of our teeth, as well as in keeping your traditional or implant prosthetics stable and long-lasting.
At Saint Lucas SPA dental clinic prior to more complex treatments, we carry out a thorough dental scale and polish preventively to get rid of the plaque on the teeth and under the gum.
There are numerous advantages of such procedure:
- The surface of scaled and polished teeth gets lighter by many shades as the brownish-yellowish deposit is removed.
- Following the treatment the mechanical irritation caused by the plaque is terminated both on the teeth and on the gum.
- Significantly reduced chance for inflamed and bleeding gum caused by bacteria in the plaque.
- Ceased halitosis (unless it is caused by other phenomenon).
- In the long run it prevents the development of periodontal disease hence the formation of bone destruction and tooth loss averted.
- Provides a pleasant environment. It's like having your teeth lifted from a heavy burden and released.
This treatment at Saint Lucas SPA dental clinic are carried out by skilled dental hygienists who not only provides pain-free cleaning of your teeth but can also inform you in details about the correct oral hygiene. Having such a procedure is suggested in every 6 months. With it you add a lot to saving your health.
Come and visit us for a dental hygienic treatment to protect the beauty and health of your teeth for a long time.
Call us on +36 1 790 3282 and ask for an appointment for dental hygienic treatment.
We look forward to seeing you.