A crown consists of two parts:
- The frame of the crown that is either made of metal or metal-free zirconium.
- The body of the crown that is a porcelain specifically chosen to match the colour of your other teeth.
In order to make your tooth replacement nearly true to life and suit your needs functionally and aesthetically, two things must come together:
- The frame of the replacement crown has to be made of an aesthetic and translucent material.
- Accuracy at the edges of the crown to diminish the risk of bacterial infections.
Traditional metal-based porcelain crowns or bridges lack the attribute of translucency. Their colour therefore is a bit dull, and metallic.
Our patients’ sense of beauty requires us to be able to meet their highest expectations of aesthetic quality. For all this metal-free zirconium-based crowns and bridges provide excellent opportunity. Their positive attributes can easily compensate for their higher expenses if compared to more conventional metal-ceramic restorations:
- Fabricated by the top-notch CAD/CAM technology meaning that the design and the making of the zirconium frame is carried out by computer-lead machines.
- Modern production techniques can make the frame with a thousandth of a millimetre precision and the accuracy of the edges perfect.
- Thanks to its translucent character zirconium crown lets the light through that makes it look natural and aesthetic.
- Owing to the fact that it consists of no metal zirconium restoration is biocompatible causing no allergic reactions, not even for those who suffer from metal allergy.
- Zirconium crowns and bridges are durable.
- Its frame is strong enough for a single crown and for a circle bridge as well.
In what cases is it ideal for you to havye zirconium restoration?
- injured, broken teeth
- significantly discoloured teeth
- front teeth filled heavily on large surfaces
- when you need replacement for missing teeth
- old, out-dated, ill-fitting crowns and bridges
- implant-supported prosthetics
If you not only aim to functionally have your teeth restored but you’d like a true-to-life crown or bridge for your aesthetic–smile then visit Saint Lucas SPA dental clinic for a free consultation. We will inform you about the benefits metal-free restorations can offer to you.
Call us on +36 1 790 3282 and ask for an appointment for dental hygienic treatment.
We look forward to seeing you.