Not every single filling meant to be aesthetic? Why? Are there dodgy ones, too? – You may ask.
Aesthetic filling as such is basically a collective term embracing procedures that use the latest composite materials for reconstruction works. These treatments are called aesthetic because the appearance of the applied materials and the end result is so harmoniously fits into its natural environment that an outsider can hardly notice anything.
In what cases do you need aesthetic filling?
- If you need to have filling as a replacement for decayed part of your tooth.
- If your teeth are so badly worn down due to serious overload that your chewing ability is reduced, and that causes aesthetics concerns.
- If a piece of your tooth was broken off.
- If you want your previous out-dated amalgam filling replaced with modern aesthetic one.
- If there are gaps between your teeth that can be shortened by aesthetic fillings.
What are the advantages of aesthetic fillings?
- In their appearance aesthetic fillings are just like natural teeth so they are true to life.
- Once finished (and the anaesthetics have gone) the fillings are ready to be used so you can chew on them, load them without restrictions.
- Aesthetic filling contains no mercury or other metals; therefore they are biologically friendly to our body and non-toxic.
- To make one you only have to sacrifice a tiny little portion of your tooth’s material (limited to the decayed part).
- It provides durable solution to decayed teeth.
If an aesthetic filling is no longer sufficient enough for a lasting and safe solution due to the size of the cavity, lab-made inlay or onlay is suggested instead.
In protecting the soundness of our teeth aesthetic fillings has a key role therefore it is worth having your teeth examined on a free consultation, and if necessary you can take the opportunity that aesthetic fillings offer you.
Call us on +36 1 790 3282 and ask for a free consultation.
We look forward to seeing you.