Narrow, thin smile when the side teeth are often remain in shadow is a phenomenon that is an aesthetics as well as anatomic issue. It may emerge in childhood but often arise in adult ages. Behind this phenomenon is the bottleneck of upper jaw but its formation may be affected by the appearance of permanent teeth.
The problem requires fairly quick treatment with orthodontic means because it may be the source of numerous health and mental issues later:
- Aesthetic aspects: facial harmony is affected disadvantageously by the irregularity of teeth that could further influence one’s self-esteem and general feeling.
- Health aspects: in case of long-term issues it can cause malfunction of jaw joints that requires lengthy treatments.
- Preventive aspects: the structure of tooth could also be damaged that can result in losing the tooth and artificial replacement later.
The problem of narrow, thin smile line is complex therefore it cries out for just as complex solutions. Such procedures require firm determination and real sacrifices from you:
- In childhood wearing removable braces is recommended
- In adulthood wearing fix, non-removable braces is advised
- The help of a speech therapist is recommended to avoid or correct speech defects
- Restoring muscles and joints dysfunction is suggested with the use of special massage therapies or manual-therapeutic treatments
Only after a thorough examination can we define the complex problem of the narrow smile line.
If you noticed this problem on your face we suggest you visit us at Saint Lukacs SPA dental clinic for a free orthodontic consultation.
You will be provided with a diagnosis and a personalized treatment plan by dr. Péter Márton Steinhof orthodontist, a specialist with 9 years’ experience who will help you on your orthodontic treatment.
For a completely free consultation call us on the +36 1 790 3282 and request an appointment.