Painless root canal treatment at Saint Lucas SPA dental clinic has 8 steps:
- Priority is the accurate diagnosis: on the free consultation your endodontist specialist states you need root canal treatment. The diagnosis is based on the examination of your teeth, and on a panoramic x-ray.
- Pain relieving and preventive therapy: you can have upfront therapy to reduce the volume of infection beforehand, thus ceasing the sensation of pain and creating an infection-free environment for a successful root canal treatment.
- Local anaesthetics to beat the pain and discomfort: prior to the treatment your specialist provides local injections to make the whole procedure painless for you.
- Exploration and cleaning of problematic areas: following the removal of decayed parts the root canals become accessible and cleanable for the endodontist. The length of the canals is determined by special electronic root length-measuring device because the most accurate assessment of the length is essential for an accurate filling later on. This is followed by the thorough cleaning and sterilization of the root with which pathogens in the root can be safely destroyed.
- Regenerative therapy with medication: the properly cleaned and disinfected root canal will then be sealed with fillings that contain medicines. This aims to reduce infectious pain, and to recover the tooth.
- Permanently filling the root: after the healing period the root canals are filled to protect the canals from incoming pathogens, and to block the development of pain in the future.
- Restoring the tooth: once the roots are sealed aesthetic filling or inlay is made for the tooth to restore the original chewing function. Such a prosthetic is almost identical to the natural teeth.
- Leave your root canal treatment to our internationally experienced specialist if you want painless, aesthetic pleasing and durable end result. Your root canal treated teeth will function just as well as healthy, intact teeth would.
Professionals at Saint Lucas SPA Dental clinic invite you to a free consultation where you can check out the latest pain-free techniques and how prepared our specialists are.